07:30 - 08:30
Registration & Welcome Coffee
08:30 - 10:00
Session 1: Policies for Realising the Vision for the Water & Environment Sectors
Dr Mohammed Al SaudDeputy Minister for Water AffairsMinistry of Environment, Water & Agriculture - (Steering Committee Chairman)
Dr Osama FaqihDeputy Minister for Environment AffairsMinistry of Environment, Water & Agriculture
- How do water and the environment fit within the context of Vision 2030 and how will the government ensure the Kingdom is leading the way in production, conservation and treatment?
- Implementing integrated water and environment policies. What are the plans and priorities for achieving sustainability for the Kingdom?
- In what ways can the water and environment sectors contribute to economic diversification? How can corporate water stewardship help drive business growth?
- Navigating the existing legislative framework. How will legislation be developed to further drive the conservation of water and the environment?
10:30 - 10:50
Keynote Address: Change Management: Lessons learned from international experience
10:50 - 12:00
Session 2: Panel Discussion: Change Management in the Kingdom’s Water Sector
Diane KlaimiRegional Coordinator, Ecosystem Management, West Asia OfficeUNEP
13:30 - 14:50
Session 3: Investment Opportunities in KSA: Projects & Partnerships for a Sustainable Future in Water & Environment
Abdurahman AlZoghaibiAdvisor to the Minister, Director General of Privatisation & InvestmentMinistry of Environment, Water & Agriculture
Mansour AlzunaidyDirector General, Privatisation & Commercial AffairsSaline Water Conversion Corporation (SWCC)
- How will directives within Vision 2030 and National Transformation Plan create increased demand in the Kingdom’s water sector?
- Investment showcase for desalination and privatization programmes. What will be the role of the international private sector be? Where do the opportunities for cooperation lie?
- What is SWCC’s vision for PPPs? How will new projects be financed?
- Have completed projects met demand? What new infrastructure projects are on the horizon? How are water conservation and waste reduction being prioritized in new projects?